Meter of popularity

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rm10.50

Rm10.50 to buy a lesson of life, worth it right?
Planned to have a badminton session today at 6pm, but missed it, why? Miscalculation.

I will let you to judge, the efficiency of our country's public transport.
Destination : Epromode company [Located 2-3km away from Midvalley]
From  : My house.
Left my house at 3.00pm, bus arrived at 3.35pm, paid rm1.30.
Reached ktm about 3.50pm, bought Midvalley to and fro ticket Rm5.20, missed the train by minutes, waited till 4.12pm till the next arrival.

Good news, no delay, and comfortable spaces available.
Reached Midv at about 4.45pm, walked pass a few individual that tapped on my shoulder insisting short and concise explanation which I brushed them of with 'NOT FREE THANKS'
Hopped on bus, payed Rm2 and reach epromode about 5.10pm, deal with Alice and here comes the ASTONISHING NEWS

[Its all in chinese though]
Me: 'So err.. Ferlynne asked me to collect a cheque for her?'
Alice :'Yeap, this is her RM20 CHEQUE'
Me : '.........'
Alice :'Oh and all these OMH[Oral health month] goody bags, its yours, dexter's and carmen's'
Me :'Ohh ok, oh ya, how about my cheque?'
A : 'ha? your cheque, not yet out la, out already I will tell you'
Me : '.........!!!' [Started to get disappointed, as my main motive there today is to collect cheque ASAP]
*Noticed there's still one more goody bag at the corner*
Me: 'oh, who's bag is that?'
A :'ohhh, that's khien khien, I'm passing to her this weekend'
me :'HA..?! WHAT?! You are meeting khien khien this weekend?!'
[FYI Khien2 stays at a place which is quite near my house]
A: 'yaaa, so you can just take your own goody bag la, others I will pass to her'
me :'...... seriously, today I came here for nothing?'
A :'aiyaa, no la, at least you got the goody bag ma ahahahaha'
me :'.........................'

And after that it was already around 5.20pm, took the rapidKL bus spent me another Rm2 and got back to midV station again at around 5.35pm
6pm came a train, packed with people and you can literally see people SQUEEZING out the way when the door opened, nearly triggered a fight, can't get it, because I was having my bulky bag and racket case with me.
2nd train came at 6.45pm, and so this answered your question of my MISCALCULATION?

Reached kajang 7.20pm.
So, I left my house at 3pm, reached my house [mom fetch from station] at about 7.50pm.
TALK ABOUT EFFICIENCY OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT!!



And so, what life lesson I mentioned about is my attitude. When I was waiting for those trains and buses to come on my way back, I was contemplating this whole event.
-This fuss and mess could all be avoided with a detailed conversation with her.
-I could have save myself from all the sweat and being drenched in the rain, IF I called up to her and ask more about what I'm taking
-I could have joined the badminton session IF I were not to go to epromode today

RECKLESS AND LAZY WITH THE 'TAK APA' ATTITUDE BEST DESCRIBE THE TRIGGER OF THE CHAINS OF EVENT TODAY!

Time for some self reflection. And again, Rm10.50 bought me a life lesson.


No comments: