Meter of popularity

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Unusually altered.

For the past 14 weeks, I think I had a lot of changes in terms of the way of how I think towards most matters.
The first thing that I wanted the most after entering university, was to have my 1st clubbing session. Entering University somehow resembles a sign of liberation, a freedom for me to do things I want to do, without the supervision of suspecting adults. Note the word, 'was'.

For now, I doubt my prioritized-before desire, and start to think whether if its a good thing to do, or not. Maybe, it might not be a good idea after all. Why I want to go there in the 1st place, to experience pleasure? To blend into the euphoric atmosphere? Get wasted and probably doing some crazy stuff? Yes, I wanted to try how does it feel to be in the club, how is it to be intoxicated with alcohol and break the leash while dancing madly on the dance floor, how is it to be having fun all night long with friends..

But, giving it a deeper thoughts, this culture is ominously likened to hedonistic practice, to obtain maximum pleasure, while minimizing pain. Is it good to do so? Is it morally positive to indulge myself in activities as such? How am I to spread positive values to others, while I'm not practicing it myself?

On the other hand, the other part of me is conflicting hard and persuading me to have it a try! Split mentality. haha.. For what I'm sure, I will be there, just to see how is it, and refraining myself from committing any immoral activities. Now, do I sound like some old, nagging person that is advising his son? haha.. Seriously, this is one of the question that I want to solve as soon as possible. To follow the culture of the norm while understanding the underlying negative values, and, well, have fun? Or to be strict and absolute in own stance whereby activities as such will not be given even a second thought?

Alcohol, Drug, Sex, its all in there, things that promises satiety to common mortals. Yes?
Somehow, I really can't relate images as above to anything near positive. But clearly, it is certainly tempting to join in the fun.

Do forgive me for my straightforwardness in my point of view regarding this matter. Its just a dilemma bugging me right now.

1 comment:

✮ L 5in Moon. said...

wa~ u finally dai go zai jor~
went to clubbing wa~ :P