Meter of popularity

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

6 weeks of observation

For 6 weekends I've been working under BOSS brand in 2 variuos outlets, The mines-Giant and Bangi-Econsave.

What I would to share over here is the manners of the people around.
Now, I'm not being bias or what but this is base on my objective observation without any alteration of the results. [SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT MEH!]

lol, anyway, lets separate the group into Malaysian, and foreigners.
Foreigners are in a way WAYYYY more polite than malaysians. They pay you the reverence sometimes you think its too much.
Offer him a cup of coffee and he will thank you, further offer him 3 different variants of it without having him asking for it, he will say something like 'Oh wow well thanks you are being really nice, good luck in your sales!'
Malaysians?
Offer him the 1st cup and before you even manage to promote the 1st variant he will be asking 'heyyy, what about that 2 other flavours? can try right??'
Alright, not ALL of em are like that, just generally.

That's one thing, another thing is that, parents, or should I say, a fully grown adult don't have the basic manners that they should possess. Ask for a sample, drink and throw, leaving without saying anything!
Dude, at least a smile?
Well I'm deeply aware that this is my job to give other people to try the sample of our products, but then, don't you think its something very basic to say thank you after accepting something from someone?

I won't blame the small kids for repeatedly taking samples for me, and I can't possibly abstain from giving them too, but, as parents, don't you think you should teach your son/daughters to be not that greedy?

I saw glint of gluttons in their eyes. = =''

And there's another shameful behavior of most shoppers, they throw the cups wherever they want, even though we supplied them with MULTITUDE OF RUBBISH BINS! [ok exaggerates here, I'm a typical malaysian lol]
Freaking stuff those sample cups at gaps between shelf, hiding it and throwing it around. sigh, that's truly sad.

One thing, change your mentality, and behaviour, positively please.

1 comment:

win said...

haha brian! i have the same thought as you when i was a promoter back then! XD

time to teach them la, brian =p