Meter of popularity

Friday, September 30, 2011

Blessed

If you think you are, then you definitely are.

Well at least for me, I'm blessed, in so many ways, and this sense of gratitude intensifies once I stepped into my current residential college.

I have complete, functional, healthy hands and legs. The ability to walk around without the aid of others, the ability to walk up a stair without having people to carry me there. Having a cup of drink with one of my hand. I can clap loudly and stomp the floor whenever I feel like it. For him?
For him, its so hard to even scratch the back of his head. Its so difficult to even eat, a spoonful of rice. with his 2 disfigured arms and legs, everything is a challenge to him, even hanging the matrix card to his neck requires some effort of controlling his arms and neck together.
I can sit in balance in a car no matter how the car turn or brake, but for him? Easily toppled over every time..

I have a system of functional muscles.
Unlike her, she has degenerative muscle issues since young, can't even jog/walk long distance or any other activities that you think its normal for us. Not to mention the inability to participate in any slightly strenuous activities, like, bowling.

I don't have to support my whole body weight just by using both of my hand when I want to climb on my bed. I don't have to hang on to the railing in the toilet while answering nature's call. I don't have to accept the cruel fate, or the consequence of wrong diagnosis by doctor that contribute to this abnormality. Disability of both legs.

I can run, play, eat whatever however and whenever I feel like it! Not for someone.
I'm not worried of hyperglycemia after eating 2 bowls of rice and a can of soft drink[ok la, kena jaga sikit la lol]
I'm not afraid if I would be attacked by epilepsy suddenly if I'm fatigued or in contact with water sports.
I'm not allergic to chicken [THIS IS A BIG RELIEVE THOUGH]

Others with family problem, financial problem, health physical mental relationship stress YOU NAME IT!

The examples can go on and on and on, with the numerous individual I'm living with now having problem as such..

That's why, I am blessed, because I really am.


No comments: